Friday, August 23, 2013

Skinny People

Have you ever sat with a friend that's like a super model and watched her down half of a meat-lovers pizza, or a huge burger with fries and a shake while you're 50lbs over weight and snacking on your apples, side salad and water?  Glaring at her, drooling over her food while she says "I've never had to exercise!  I just have a really awesome metabolism!"  GAG ME!  I like her, she's nice, fun, but I secretly wish that for just ONE DAY she could understand what it's like to be a "normal person", walk around with extra weight, no energy, watch every carb and calorie, kill yourself to exercise, and have done all this with no effect.  The frustration!  The sad realization.  Then the times of  "Screw it!  I've deprived myself so I'm getting an ice cream, 2 tacos, mexi fries, a Pepsi and just for good measure I'll throw in one of those deep fried chicken burrito things because I'm SO DONE!"  Has she ever had that happen?  I doubt it.  Oh what it would be to be THAT girl.

OR... Have you ever gone to eat with a skinny friend who said... let's just go pig out!  I seriously am STARVING and I'm gonna go crazy!  You're thinking cheese-fries, mozzarella sticks and mini sliders and she orders the salad with dressing on the side and says "It's the only thing that sounded good!"

Where do these people come from?  What kind of magical genes do they have?  Were they breast fed until they were 18 or something?  Seriously!

Then there's me.  Me who has tried every diet on the planet.  Atkins? Check.  Whole 30? Check.  Weight Watchers?  3 times, check.  Metabolife, Herbalife, Various other pills and concoctions (including Fen Phen eek!).  Green Tea.  Garcinia Cambogia.  HCG Diet (You can't do that for the rest of your life.  Seriousness,)  Some would work, some would not.  All of them I didn't feel like I could live that way for the rest of my life and I didn't feel that awesome while doing it (except the Whole 30) and with ALL of them, I gained back what I lost.  I thought... if I could just get down to a certain weight, get a jump start, then I could just eat right and exercise and keep it off.   I'm still counting calories though... still killing myself... and guess what?  I. Don't. Want. To.  I already have to count carbs, do math equations and inject insulin so my daughter can eat.  By the time I'm done making dinner, counting up the carbs on her plate, got everyone sat down, deliver her insulin, etc... the LAST thing I want to do is be entering figures for weight watchers or keeping track of calories before I eat MY meal.  I've done that and everyone is finished at the table before I can even get started on my food.  I can't handle that in my life.  :)

I KNOW my metabolism sucks.  My hormones are all whacky, my thyroid tests just under where it's supposed to be so I could go on medication if I want to but... I don't wanna.  So, I know I'm fighting against the tides but... should it really be THIS hard?  Really?  Why is it so easy for some people and so... impossible for others like me?

Well... I'm a "skinny people" now!  Really!  Me!  My 212 (now 208 as of this morning) self is skinny!  That's how I feel anyway!  (Yucky.  I just wrote my weight on the world wide web for everyone to see.)  I woke up this morning and felt... thin.  I felt like one of those energetic super models that doesn't feel like eating anything but good things for my body and that wants to drink water.  I weighed myself.... down 5 lbs.  That's great!  Could just be water weight though... I mean... you know how "diets" go when you first start.  This felt... different though.

After getting my kids off to school I took my vitamin, drank my shake, grabbed my water and went to do my 20 minute Jillian Michaels, iFit workout on the treadmill.  I started just thinking about things, listened to my iPod and started singing while I was walking.  (Yeah, I'm a singer.  Everywhere.) I looked down at my time because I thought maybe I was just about done with my warm up and I was actually almost done with the workout!  Not only almost done but I was on a level 10 incline and going faster then normal.  What?  How did I not notice the treadmill changing?  Usually I'm watching the numbers and incline change like a hawk and gasping for breathe and counting down the seconds because I know it will change when it gets to the minute mark.  I was... fine!  Perfect!  Third day of exercising and I felt like I could do a half marathon.  WOW!

Then I went upstairs to shower.  Stood in front of the mirror and noticed I had less fat on me then normal.  Could it really be water weight if I can visibly see 5lbs missing from my stomach?  Really!  Imagine 5lbs of hamburger spread out over your belly.  Now imagine someone just removed that.  That's what the difference looked like to me!  (That visual was SUPER gross.  Sorry about that.)

My clothes are a little loose.  I mean... ok... only FIVE pounds.  But FIVE pounds in FOUR days!  That's kind of awesome!  I don't expect it to keep that kind of pace but like I've said in my previous post.  Losing weight is just icing on top of the cake because the way I feel and the energy I have is the thing that is the most important thing for me.

PS.  It's been three days now since I went off of my depression medication cold turkey.  I've had zero symptoms from going off and I feel better than I have in a very long time. I haven't had one single side effect from these vitamins, I'll tell you if I do.  I'm still holding my breathe because I'm the girl that always gets the strange symptoms that only 1% of people get.

Please go and like my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/wethrivenow
and visit my website: http://www.wethrive.le-vel.com/

I'll give anyone a three day sample if you'd like to try it out.  I wish I could just give it to the whole world.  :) PM/email me your address and I'll pop it in the mail and send it to you.  (I'll send it to ya for free to try.)

No comments:

Post a Comment