Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Week, Cheese and Sit-Ups.

I've taken the Thrive vitamins, shake and worn the patch for one week now and I FEEL AMAZING!  I think I kept expecting the great feeling to wear off... but it didn't.  I have energy, I am positive, I have better endurance, I'm treating my body better, have a better outlook on myself and life.  I feel like I can handle anything that comes my way!  It is awesome to feel this way.

You may see the word "Cheese" in the title.  Cheese is very important to me.  Cheese is the thing I had the hardest time with when I was on HCG and Whole 30.  Oh how I love cheese!  They put an addictive chemical in it that makes me crave it fortnightly.  My favorite thing of late?  Grilled cheese sandwich, buttered on both sides with gouda, cheddar and another slice of gouda cooked over the stove until the bread is light brown with a perfect crust and the cheese is so melt in your mouth, you could die.  No really... you could seriously die if you ate that every day.  How unhealthy is THAT?  Also... I'm allergic to dairy a little bit but THAT never stopped me.  Oh yummy quesadillas!  Behold the royal cheese enchiladas!  I sing praises to my pizza with extra cheese.  Normally... even these statements would make me drool.  I remember they did, it was only a week ago that it did!  (I can't remember my kids names but I remember my craving for cheese.)  "Remember" is the key word.  I must have NEEDED something in the cheese, some sort of vitamin or fat or..  I don't know what.  I do know that since I've taken these vitamins, it doesn't even sound that good to me anymore.  It's so hard to explain but I'm eating based on how the food is going to make me feel instead of what I crave.  Now, I don't know but my opinion on this is as follows.  I think that when your body is getting everything you need.  All of the vitamins, minerals, etc... your body is able to fix itself better, cravings don't come because you aren't deficient in anything.  Think of how much better my body must be working because it's got everything it needs to run properly.  I think that's why I'm losing weight too.  I think my body doesn't feel that it needs to hang onto it anymore and is just releasing it.

I used to run.  Well... "run" in my brain actually means walking at a fast pace with a bounce in my step.  I should probably say... "I used to pretend to run."  I was training for a marathon, which I never got to do, but I did do several half marathons.  Then things happened, one of my kids was in the hospital then I found out I needed to have a hysterectomy, etc... For some reason, even though I haven't been running or exercising, I had it in my head that I was pretty much still in as good of shape as I was.  That is... until my son was trying to do a sit up the other day and I went over there saying "Let me show you how it's done!" and... I couldn't even do a crunch let alone a sit up.  So I'm working on it.  I can do up to five sit ups now... ahem... progress anyway.  I've been exercising on my treadmill for 20 minutes everyday and I love it.  I sweat and it's hard but I'm not dragging like I used to.  I actually really enjoy my workouts!  (Uh... did that just come from MY mouth?  Ok this is WEIRD!)

So the really cool thing?  I have had Plantar Fasciitis for 2 1/2 years now.  I've done physical therapy, anti-inflammatory meds, my foot has been taped up numerous times, I've had customs inserts made a couple of times by my podiatrist.  Nothing worked and sometimes I would be in so much pain, I could hardly step on that foot.  It's gone.  I didn't realize it at first but it's totally gone!  The pain has just... disappeared since I started taking the vitamins.  So crazy!

I woke up this morning feeling slimmer than yesterday.  I was pretty excited as I went to weigh myself.  I was HOPING to have lost 10 lbs in 7 days because yesterday I was really close.  I was at 9 lbs weight loss.  Well... today I weighed in at 204 which makes my total weight loss for the week... 8 lbs.  Still.  EIGHT POUNDS in one week is FANTASTIC!  That's as much, or more, than I would lose when I did the HCG and with that, I was only allowed 500 calories a day and had to give myself a shot! (So can't LIVE that way.)  I'm still so excited about Thrive I want to tell everyone about it!

Please like my FB page to keep up with posts and my blog and see how I'm doing on this.  https://www.facebook.com/wethrivenow

If any of you would like to try it, I'll mail 3 day sample to you for free.  Just let me know!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment